Additions and Basement Remodeling Enhance the Value of Your Home
An addition not only increases comfort, it can also increase your home’s resale value. Whether you seek basement finishing and remodeling or would like to extend your living space with an extra room, consider a few factors before deciding whether an addition is the right move:
- Evaluate the addition cost versus overall return: one of the best ways to determine if an addition will be cost effective is to measure the return on investment (ROI). Generally, homeowners can recover between 50% to 85% of their net expenses
- Consider which rooms garner the highest returns: a new kitchen or bathroom remodel will usually deliver the best return on investment when it comes to selling your home. However, expanded family rooms and even home offices can mean bigger bucks as well
- Understand that geographic location is important: where you live will impact how much you can get from certain type of additions to your home. Also consider the neighborhood. Determine whether additions such as a sunroom will be more valuable, or will basement remodeling make more sense to increase the value of your home
- Determine how long you plan to live in your home. If your intent is to live in your home for several years, a room addition will not only add value to your home, but bring you more enjoyment and space for comfort
For more information about room or basement additions, contact Chris Hollon Construction online or call 859-307-4895 today.
Choose the Right Construction Company for Quality Additions
Deciding which company should build your home addition can be difficult. If you engage the wrong contractor, you could be stuck with a pile of rubble and an unfinished job. Before hiring any home improvement contractor, look for a company with these qualities:
- Works only with superior materials and tools
- Takes pride in quality craftsmanship
- Offers competitive pricing
- Can deliver customized solutions that directly address your needs
- Applies the latest home technologies and market trends
- Assures a lifetime guarantee on every job
- Prompt, courteous and friendly customer service
- Professionally trained and licensed workers
At Chris Hollon Construction, we are committed to being the best home improvement contractor in Northern Kentucky or Greater Cincinnati. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are an Angie’s List Preferred company. ServiceMagic rates us a Gold Ribbon service contractor.
Contact Chris Hollon Construction to request a free quote on a room or basement addition. Give us a call at 859-307-4895 today.